Part Time Administrative Assistant
The City of Hardeeville has an immediate opening for a part time administrative assistant/receptionist (16-24 hrs. per week). Duties include but are not limited to front office customer service, provide administrative support to City Manager, City Clerk and other departments as assigned. This position requires flexibility, strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills with the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, outside stakeholders and elected officials. Some evening hours may be required. Position open until filled.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Proficiently use all facets of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Effectively control multiple phone line operations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Utilize effective written and oral communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm or more
- Demonstrate ability to learn the organization, procedures and operating details
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Minimum qualifications: high school diploma and at least two years of increasingly responsible experience in an office setting and/or local government; an Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Sciences is desired. Application and resume including cover letter and references accepted until June 23, 2017 should be sent to Lori Pomarico, City Clerk, P.O. Box 609, Hardeeville, SC 29927, email email@example.com. All applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to offer of employment. The City of Hardeeville is an EOE and E-Verify user.