Grants Administrator/Project Coordinator
The City of Hardeeville, SC has an opening for a:
Title: Grants Administrator/Project Coordinator
Department: City Manager’s Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: City Manager
Pay Grade:14 ($40,272 - $54,483)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or related field with three (3) years experience with a city and/or county in a grants administration position required. Demonstrated experience with writing and preparation of multiple grants that have been successfully awarded. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills. Must have skill/ability to develop creative, practical, and cost effective approaches or solutions to challenging or complex projects, programs, or problems. A comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Professional work writing grants, coordinating and monitoring granting evaluation and award processes and related programs and services. May be required to administer or manage developed program. Position requires considerable latitude for discretion and the exercise of professional judgment with emphasis on analysis and evaluation of financial and accounting activities of the City.
- Researches grant opportunities for the City.
- Works with appropriate staff to prepare grant applications, process grant award, track compliance, and assist with final report.
- Plans and coordinates activities and personnel related to city grant services, programs, and activities in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and directions from local and state offices.
- Confers with City staff, citizen groups and committees to develop awareness of the grant programs, and formulates new program recommendations.
- Serves on committees related to job function and represents the department at meetings.
- Prepares grant award agreements with recipient agencies and monitors compliance with grant provisions.
- Initiates and writes grant guidelines, develops policies and procedures for implementation of guidelines.
- Ensures timely receipt of funds for grant revenues and timely payment of grant awards.
- Establishes and maintains an inventory and monitoring system for the tracking of grants awards payments and revenues.
- Evaluates compliance with grant requirements.
- Accounts for all funds raised and spent.
- Prepares and presents written/oral reports, presentations, and recommendations.
- Prepares and monitors grant program budgets.
- Responds to inquiries for information regarding grant programs.
- Assists the City manager when needed in creating, administering, or managing special projects or programs.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the City manager regarding the department’s activities; prepare a variety of other reports as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation and consulting with advisors. Advise City manager of actions and potential risks.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Attend and participate in administrative meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Skills
Acceptable eyesight and hearing (with/without correction), ability to communicate (orally and in writing). Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Works inside in an office environment.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit a application, cover letter and resume by COB Friday, June 23, 2017, to:
City of Hardeeville
Attention: City Clerk
205 Main Street
PO Box 609
Hardeeville, SC 29927
Or on the City’s website at www.cityofhardeeville.com