Any business, including a home-based business, that is located in or performs work in the City of Hardeeville is required by the Business License Ordinance Section 11 to 15 through 11 to 43 to purchase a business license each year. The annual licenses are valid from May 1st through April 30th each year. Renewals are due by April 30th of each year to avoid penalties and collection procedures. Temporary one-time licenses are issued when appropriate and are valid only for the event or job for which they are issued.
Business License payments may be made online. To pay online, go to the Hardeeville Government Portal and select the payment you wish to make. There is a 3% convenience fee. We accept every major credit card except American Express.
All forms and applications must be submitted to the City of Hardeeville along with payments. Failure to submit proper paperwork along with payments will cause a delay in processing your application.
Business License Forms
- A - Credit Card Authorization (PDF)
- B-1 New Business License (PDF)
- B-2 Business License Renewal (PDF)
- B-3 Sub Contractor Roster (PDF)
- Business License Calculation Worksheet for New Businesses (PDF)
- Business License Calculation Worksheet for Renewals (PDF)
- Business Operation Status Change (PDF)
- Check List for Change of Ownership (PDF)
- Checklist for a New Business (PDF)
- Classification and Rate Schedule Appendix A 9-3-2020
- Classification and Rate Schedule- Quick Reference (PDF)
- MASC Standardized Business License Application for Contractors (PDF)