- Planning & Development
- Planned Development Districts
Planned Development Districts
What Planned Development District (PDD) Is
Since the turn of this century, Hardeeville has experienced rapid growth and has received significant development interest. In response to these pressures, the City has worked proactively with prospective developers and other stakeholders to manage growth responsibly. As a result, the City annexed several large tracts and entered into Development Agreements between the City Council and the developers to ensure quality growth and to help determine the best placement of land uses, roads, fire and police stations, and parks. These agreements also include voluntary developer fees to assist in the development of such services.
The zoning classification that is assigned to each of these tracts is a PDD. Accompanied with each PDD is a PDD Report that contains a conceptual master plan for the full tract, establishes appropriate land uses and creates a master transportation network. The PDD Report is reviewed by Staff and Planning Commission and is ultimately approved by City Council. The more detailed zoning requirements come in the next phase of the process with a Master Plan approval which is also reviewed Planning Commission and approved by City Council.
Listed are some of the approved PDDs in Hardeeville, along with associated documents. Please contact the Planning and Development Department at 843-784-2231 with any questions.
Miley Report 2014
East Argent (Includes Hampton Pointe & Hearthstone Lakes)
- East Argent Development Agreement (PDF)
- East Argent PDD and Conceptual Master Plan (PDF)
- East Argent PDD Exhibit 1st Amendment (PDF)
- Master Plan - Agent Lake Village (PDF)
- Master Plan - East Argent Commercial (PDF)
- Master Plan - Hampton Pointe (PDF)
- Master Plan - Hunt Club Master Plan (PDF)
- Master Plan - Jasper Commons (Hearthstone Lakes) (PDF)
- Master Plan - Mansions Senior Living (PDF)
- Master Plan - Pointe Grand Apts (PDF)
- Master Plan - Retreat at East Argent (PDF)
- Master Plan - ShellBrook (PDF)
- Master Plan - Sun City at East Argent (PDF)